Friday, May 9, 2008

We're Home!

Well I do have to say this week has been a long one! We went into the hospital Sunday night and came home today (Friday).

Sunday night we went into the hospital to start the whole induction process because the doctor said enough was enough with my pregnancy and being sick. I was started on a dose of cervidil. Monday morning around 7am or so I was started on pitocin and had already started contractions early. Around 4pm they took me off the pitocin and I was given another dose of cervidil. Around 8pm I started having more contractions and around 2am Tuesday morning they got worse. I was given an epidural around 3am which only worked on the left half of my body. The doctor who put it in looked so tired and apparently said oops a few times along with shaking his head. Thats nice to know now! He had to come back a few times to put more medicine in the line which did not work at all for me. They then had to give me meds for getting sick as I had already been getting sick since 8pm. this didnt work. I was then given stadol which did nothing and nubane which also did nothing.
My water was broken at around 4am to try and make me progress past 6cm. Around 6ish am there was still no progress made and baby was having problems. he also was not low enough so I wasnt going to be able to push him out. It was decided that I was going to have a c-section to get him out and safe.
7:31 am Tuesday morning I was given a spinal which was the first thing in over 36 hours that took away any pain. THANK THE LORD! Daddy was brought in to sit beside me once I was set up on the table. After several minutes at around 7:58 am baby zachary was born. Baby had his cord wrapped around his neck. Daddy was ushered off with baby for pictures and to watch them clean him up and do measurments etc. while I got put back together.
The nurse brought baby over to see me once he was cleaned and dressed. I wont lie...we both cried the first time we saw him. He is so beautiful and I still cant believe he is ours. He looks so much like his daddy but has both of us in him thats for sure. I think he is going to have my temper with daddy's looks.
It will definitely be an experience raising a little person but I cant wait to see what is in store for us. I thank God every day for him and also for my hubby as he has been wonderful from day one. We will be posting pics up soon check back frequently as Im sure daddy will be posting tons as Zach makes new faces or does something else cute.

No comments: